12逛免税商店

Duty-Free Shopping

逛免税商店

Kathy and Evan kill time by shopping in the duty-free stores.

凯西和艾凡逛免税商店消磨时间。

E:Our flight doesn’t leave for another hour. Why don’t we take a look around these duty-free shops?

艾凡:我们的班机还要一小时才起飞。咱们何不到免税商店逛逛呢?

K:Sure. There’s the alcohol and tobacco store.

凯西:好啊。那里有一家烟酒商店。

E:You know I don’t smoke, and I don’t want to lug any bottles around with us.

艾凡:你知道我不抽烟,而且我也不想我们身边一直拖着瓶瓶罐罐的东西。

K:How about as gifts for our relatives in Europe?

凯西:那么把它们当礼物送给欧洲的亲戚怎么样?

E:I don’t know what they like.

艾凡:我不知道他们喜欢什么。

K:Well, then let’s take a look around this store.

凯西:那么我们在这家店里四处看看吧。

E:I should have guessed. Perfume and women’s accessories.

艾凡:我应该早就猜到的。香水和女人的配件。

K:So? Ooh! Look! Christian Dior scarves. Armani and Chanel perfume. Arden and Lauder cosmetics!

凯西:所以呢?哦!你看!克莉丝汀‧迪奥的领巾、亚曼尼和香奈儿的香水、雅顿和兰黛的化妆品!

E:Sounds like you died and went to heaven.

艾凡:听起来你快乐得好象到了天堂似的。

K:What’s wrong with a girl feeling good?

凯西:女孩子觉得很好有什么不对吗?

E:Nothing, I guess. But I wouldn’t blow all my money here. We still have nine weeks in Europe to go!

艾凡:我想没有。但是我不会在这里花光我所有的钱。我们在欧洲还有九个礼拜的日子要过呢!

单词短语精讲:

1.duty-free 免税的

例:I bought these cigarettes and scarves dutv-free at the Benlin ain},ont dutv-free sho},s.

(我在柏林机场的免税商店买厂免税香烟和领巾。)

  1. take a look around+地方名词四处浏览/随便看看……(某地)

take a look at…看一看……

例:Ann:Let’s take a look around this bookstore,Ben.

Ben:OK. Look,11nn!Take a look at this book on ancient (n-eece.

(安:木,日自们在这家书店四处看看吧。)

(木:女子。瞧,安!看一下这木有关占希腊的书。)

3.alcohol 洒;洒精

  1. lug 费力携带;使劲拖曳

例:Let’s stogy, sho},},ing. I can’t lug these bags around anemone!

(咱们不要再逛厂,我再也提不动这些袋子到处走厂!)

Aften Tim broke his leg skiing,we had to lug him to the can and take hin to the car and take him to the hospital

(提姆滑雪跌断腿后,我们费力地抬着他上车,送他到医院去。)

  1. I should have guessed.我应该早就猜到的。

例:A:I failed my math test.

B:I should have guessed. You didn’t study for it venv much,after all

(甲:我数学考试不及格。)

(乙:我早就该猜到的。毕竞,你不怎么用功。)

  1. perfume 香水

  2. accessory 服饰配件(常用复数)

  3. scarf 围巾;领巾;头巾

文章目录
本文阅读数