留学生在中国 26 Celebrity Heartthrobs 影星

Chapter 26 Hollywood and Celebrity Heartthrobs.

第26章好莱坞及好莱坞影星

David: Are there any actors or actresses that you like? Who are your favorite movie stars?

你喜欢哪些演员?你最喜欢的影星是谁?

You: Yes, I’ve got a few favorites: Tom Hanks ,Tom Cruise, and Ben Affleck. I like them very much.

我喜欢好多明星。如:汤姆 · 汉克斯,汤姆 · 克鲁斯,本 · 阿福来克等。

David: Those guys are known as heartthrobs.

这些人很让人心动。

You: What does that mean?

什么意思?

David: Heartthrobs are men who make the heart of women throb.

就是让女人心动的男人。

You: Oh, I see. They are quite handsome and attractive.

我明白了,他们很帅,很有吸引力。

David: Many American movies center around these movie stars. Do you have any thoughts about these kinds of American movies?

许多美国影片的卖点就是这些明星。你对这类美国电影有什么看法?

You: I think these American movies do not reflect real life. They may be inventive or well-produced, and they may have famous stars and handsome actors, but the stories are so far from reality that they are not instructive or meaningful.

我觉得美国电影不反映现实生活。尽管美国电影构思独特,设计新颖,制作精细,而且有很多偶像派的明星,但故事太脱离实际,没有什么精神价值。

David: So maybe these movies are more about the action, but there’s no moral to the story.

也许这些电影更多的关注情节,因而缺乏实际的社会意义。

You :Exactly! I couldn’t have put it better myself!

没错,我就是这个意思!

文章目录
本文阅读数