留学生在中国 34 Favourite Sports 最喜欢的运动

Chapter 34 What sports do you like

第33章 你喜欢什么运动

David:Do many people in your company do exercise?

你们公司锻炼的人多吗?

You:Yes. Many young, single people with desk jobs, like me, join sports clubs for exercise on the weekends.

很多年轻人都进行锻炼。坐办公室的单身一族们,像我,周末都会到健身俱乐部去锻炼。

David:What kind of sports?

玩什么?

You:Volleyball, basketball, and manbe golf if well-off.

排球、篮球,如果经济宽裕的话就打高尔夫。

David:People who have more money can afford golf. Other sports like volleyball are a good model for teamwork. It is good to do with coworkers.

经济宽裕的人才打得起高尔夫。其它的运动——像排球——就很适合集体活动,和同事们一起玩很有趣。

You:I think I’ll try volleyball sometime. Playing sports is very social. Nowadays, in modern life, people spend more and more time on their own, so sports are a good way to socialize. What kinds of sports do you like?

我有时也想试试打排球,有利于社交嘛。人们现在独处的时间好像越来越多了,做些运动是应该有利于社交的。你喜欢什么运动?

David:Mostly soccer, or football, I play in a team.

足球,我参加了一个足球队。

You:Are you the captain of the team?

你是队长吗?

David:No, I am just a player. I’m too old to be the captain.

不,只是个队员。我太老了,不能当队长了。

You:What role do you play on the team?

你在队里是什么角色?

David:You mean what position you play. “What role” is more like “what role did you play in the theater?”

应该说“你踢什么位置”。“什么角色”更多是用在“你在剧中扮演什么角色”这样的句子里。

You:那你踢什么位置?So what’s your position?

David:I play forward, striker.

我踢前锋。

You:So you mainly play on the other side’s turf trying to score goals.

on the other side’s turf: “on someone’s turf”

直译为“在他们控制或掌管的草地上”,喻意是“在某人的地盘上”。 那你主要在对方的半场活动,射门。

David:Something like that.

差不多吧。

文章目录
本文阅读数