06拜访旅行社

Visiting a Travel Agency

拜访旅行社

Kathy enters a travel agency. Rick Kent greets her.

凯西走进一家旅行社。瑞克‧肯特迎接她。

R:Hi, Kathy. Please have a seat here. Now, how can I help you?

瑞克:嗨,凯西。请坐。好,有什么事我可以为你效劳吗?

K:Thanks, Rick. A friend and I are planning a trip to visit northern Europe, and I need some information on airline flights.

凯西:瑞克,谢谢。我和一个朋友计划一趟游览北欧之旅,需要一些有关航空班机的资料。

R:I see. Are you interested in taking a tour?

瑞克:我懂了。你想跟团吗?

K:No, thanks. We’re determined to go on our own.

凯西:不想,谢谢。我们决定自助旅行。

R:I see. What country or countries do you want to visit?

瑞克:我明白了。你们想去哪个或哪些国家?

K:We’d like to visit Holland, Denmark, and Sweden.

凯西:我们想去荷兰、丹麦和瑞典。

R:No problem. You can fly in and out of Amsterdam from New York. Then you can take ground transportation in Europe.

瑞克:没问题。你们可以从纽约搭飞机往返阿姆斯特丹。然后你们可以在欧洲搭乘陆上(铁公路)交通工具。

K:It sounds so easy.

凯西:听起来很简单嘛。

R:It is. Here, I’ll give you a computer print-out of all the flights. Anything else?

瑞克:是很容易。来,我会给你一份所有班机时间的计算机印表资料。还有其它事情吗?

K:Not just now. I want to talk this over with my friend first.

凯西:目前没有。我想先和我朋友讨论一下。

R:Of course. Just take your time. See you next time. Bye.

瑞克:当然。你们可以慢慢来。下次见了,拜。

K:Thanks so much. Bye.

凯西:非常谢谢你,拜。

单词短语精讲:

1.(Please ) have a seat.请坐,请就座。

注意:

表示“请坐”、“请就座”还有下列儿种说法:

Please take a seat.

Please be seated.

Please sit clown.

  1. I need some information on airline flights.

=I need some information about airline flinhts.

我需要一些有关航班的资料。

例:1lnthun wrote an article on the history of Hunnmy

  1. tour 游览,观光

例:We took a walking tour of Vienna on ou:vacation there.

(在维也纳度假时,我们参加厂那里的徒步旅行团。)

If you tour Euno},e by bus,you will see more of the countnvside than if youfIv from ,lace to ,lace.

(如果你搭乘公交车游览欧洲,所欣赏到的乡间景色要比搭飞机看到的更多。)

  1. be determined to V下定决心……

例:I’m determined to finish my y-oject before it is due next week.

(我决心在下个礼拜期限到期前做完我的企划。)

5·on one’s own独自地;靠自己

例:You must learn to cook for yourself if you live on your own.

(如果你独立生活的话,就必须学会自己做饭。)

Look,Mmgie!Little Susie has leaYned to击ess heYSelf on her own.

(玛吉,快看!小苏茜学会自己穿衣服厂。)

  1. print-out[}ynntiatSt} n.(计算机)才l一印资米I.

mint out….(计算机)印出……

例:These y-int-outs are too light to see.

(这些计算机打印资料的字太淡厂,看不清楚。)

Please y-int out three co},ies of the cas e for me,

(乔治,麻烦帮我用计算机印3份该案的资料。)

  1. I want to talk this over with my friend first.

=I want to talk about this with my friend first.

我想先和我朋友讨论一下。

文章目录
本文阅读数